Meet our in house nutrition experts
Dr Dimitar Marinov, MD; PhD; Chief Assistant professor
Dr. Dimitar Marinov is a medical doctor holding MD and PhD degrees. He is widely recognized as a prominent researcher and currently resides as a chief assistant professor in Public Health.
With a specialization in nutrition, Dr. Marinov has made significant contributions to the field through extensive publications in esteemed international peer-reviewed journals.
One of Dr. Marinov’s strengths lies in his ability to communicate complex scientific concepts with clarity and engagement. His passion for evidence-based writing is evident in his use of high-quality evidence to support any claim he makes, showcasing his dedication to producing reliable and credible work.
As a medical doctor and scientist, Dr. Marinov possesses a unique blend of expertise in medicine and health, complemented by exceptional research skills. To delve deeper into his professional background and explore his research, please visit his LinkedIn profile, professional webpage and research profiles.
Doctor of Philosophy – PhD, Medicine
Medical University – Varna
Doctor of Medicine – MD, Medicine
Medical University – Varna
- D Marinov, D Najdenova, T Dimitrova. Assessment of the eating behaviour of adolescent girls from Varna, Bulgaria. European Journal of Public Health, Volume 30, Issue Supplement_5, September 2020, ckaa166.929, https://doi.org/10.1093/eurpub/ckaa166.929
- D Hristova, D Marinov. The Mask of Orthorexia – Two Cases from Medical Practice. Conference Proceedings, 2020. https://journals.mu-varna.bg/index.php/conf/article/view/7996
- Marinov DB, Hristova DN, Dimitrova TT. Aspects of the nutritional status of children with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Literature review. J of IMAB. 2018 Oct-Dec;24(4):2281-2284. DOI: 10.5272/jimab.2018244.2281. https://www.journal-imab-bg.org/issues-2018/issue4/vol24issue4p2281-2284.html
- Hashemi, F., Hoepner, L., Hamidinejad, F.S., Marinov, D., et al. A comprehensive health effects assessment of the use of sanitizers and disinfectants during COVID-19 pandemic: a global survey. Environ Sci Pollut Res 30, 72368–72388 (2023). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-023-27197-6
- Marinov D, Valtcheva E (2021) A case-control study on physical activity of teenagers with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Eur J Pub Health. https://doi.org/10.1093/eurpub/ckab165.513
- D Marinov , D Naydenova, Evaluation of eating habits and unhealthy eating patterns in high-school girls from Varna, Bulgaria, European Journal of Public Health, Volume 31, Issue Supplement_3, October 2021, ckab165.531, https://doi.org/10.1093/eurpub/ckab165.531
- Marinov D, Dimitrova T, Najdenova D (2020) The impact of physical activity on children with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis from Varna, Bulgaria. Eur J Public Health. https://doi.org/10.1093/eurpub/ckaa166.899
- Marinov D, Naydenova D. Critical analysis of intermittent fasting. Conference proceedings, December 2021, 65-69. https://journals.mu-varna.bg/index.php/conf/article/view/8192
- Marinov D, Naydenova D. A combined form of eating disorder during pregnancy. Conference proceedings, December 2021, 61-64. https://journals.mu-varna.bg/index.php/conf/article/view/8191
- Dimitar B Marinov, Teodora T Dimitrova. VITAMIN D STATUS AND DIETARY HABITS OF CHILDREN WITH ADOLESCENT IDIOPATHIC SCOLIOSIS IN VARNA. Journal of IMAB – Annual proceeding. Volume 27, issue 1. 3589-3592. https://www.journal-imab-bg.org/issues-2021/issue1/2021vol27-issue1-3589-3592.pdf